November 15, 2023
Partnership to Align Social Care
Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
During the webinar, the Partnership and presenters will:
- Detail the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) final rule sections that are pertinent to Medicare providers and community-based organizations (CBOs) screening for and addressing health-related social needs (HRSNs).
- Review the implementation requirements for community health integration (CHI) and principal illness navigation (PIN) services.
- Outline new learning opportunities available for organizations, hospitals, and providers interested in implementing new models of care.
- Douglas Jacobs, MD, MPH, Chief Transformation Officer, Center for Medicare, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Kelly Cronin, Deputy Administrator, Center for Innovation and Partnership (CIP), ACL
- Timothy P. McNeill, RN, MPH, CEO, Freedmen's Health; Consulting Co-Chair, Partnership to Align Social Care
All registrants will receive a copy of the webinar materials and recording. If you are unable to attend live, you can register to watch the presentation later on-demand.
Additional Background About the CY 2024 Medicare PFS Final Rule
The CY 2024 Physician Fee Schedule final rule was published on November 2, 2023, and includes significant changes to the Medicare benefit structure. Most notably, there are new services to address HRSNs, including CHI, social determinants of health (SDOH) risk assessment, and PIN services.
There are also provisions to support Medicare providers contracting with community care hubs (CCHs) and CBOs to address HRSNs for priority populations. These Medicare codes are the first specifically designed to describe services involving community health workers, care navigators, and peer support specialists, and that allow these services to be provided by personnel employed by CCHs/CBOs under the general supervision of the billing practitioner.
For more background, read the pre-publication version of the final rule.