November 30, 2023
Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
Thursday, November 30, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
As the population of older adults swells, so too does demand for housing that is both affordable and able to accommodate their changing needs. Millions of older adults are cost burdened, and homelessness is on the rise. Looking forward, the urgent need for affordable housing will continue to grow, not only because of the increasing number of older adults, but because of widening inequality and the challenge of providing both housing and care for this surging population. Alarmingly, the people most likely to need care and supportive services as they age are those with low and moderate incomes. The need is only growing, as is the urgency to act.
Hear about the release of the new Housing America's Older Adults 2023 report, featuring a panel discussion with:
- Mark Miller, Reuters (Moderator)
- Elizabeth Chen, Massachusetts Secretary of Elder Affairs
- Robert Kramer, Co-founder and Strategic Advisor, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC)
- Jennifer Molinsky, Project Director, Housing an Aging Society Program, Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Meghan Rose, General Counsel and Chief Government Affairs Officer, LeadingAge California