November 7, 2023
Bipartisan Policy Center
Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Adults over 65 now make up the fastest-growing segment of the unhoused population. As the historically large Baby Boomer generation continues to age into their senior years, the possibility of a "silver tsunami" of unhoused seniors looms ever larger.
Economic shocks, such as rising housing costs or unexpected life events, can quickly push seniors who rely on fixed incomes into homelessness. Equally concerning is the rising number of individuals experiencing homelessness for the first time after the age of 50, highlighting the need for targeted interventions to meet the complex needs of older adults who find themselves without stable housing.
In this webinar, experts will delve into the specific needs of seniors experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity. Building on the groundbreaking work of the Bipartisan Policy Center's Senior Health and Housing Task Force, which called for a major national goal to end homelessness among older adults, panelists will discuss strategies and practices for integrating housing, health care, and long-term services and supports to address senior homelessness.
- Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) | Ranking Member, U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Dennis Shea | Executive Director, J. Ronald Terwilliger Center for Housing Policy, BPC
- Dennis Culhane | Professor of Social Policy, University of Pennsylvania
- Paul Downey | President & CEO, Serving Seniors
- Jennifer Molinsky | Project Director, Housing and Aging Society Program, Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Francis Torres | Senior Policy Analyst, BPC (Moderator)