November 15, 2023
National Center on Elder Abuse
Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 1:00 p.m.
Join the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center (LACRC) at the Leonard Davis School of Gerontology of USC with an esteemed panel of journalists, caregivers, and practitioners for a panel discussion to celebrate National Family Caregivers Month. Gain insights from acclaimed journalists and caregivers who are amplifying the voices and experiences of caregivers, discover how practitioners can better integrate culturally sensitive and responsive approaches to support caregivers, and learn how to recognize signs of elder mistreatment and ways to embrace the opportunities and challenges in caregiving relationships.
- Laura Mosqueda, Director, National Center on Elder Abuse & Professor of Family Medicine and Geriatrics, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Donna Benton, Director, Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center & Research Associate Professor, USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
- Lauren Pongan, National Director, Diverse Elders Coalition
- Rebecca Owl Morgan, Project Coordinator, National Indian Council on Aging
- Steve Lopez, Author & LA Times Columnist
- Tony Luciani, Artist & Caregiver
- Paolina Milana, Author, Caregiver, & Community Engagement Specialist, Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center