September 27, 2023
Wednesday, September 27, 2023, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Researchers and policymakers have begun to look at what the data tell us, from the impact of private equity on the workforce to what hospital-physician integration means for patient outcomes and physician compensation.
On Wednesday, September 27, please join Health Affairs Editor-in-Chief Alan Weil for an online forum, "How the Ownership and Structure of Health Care Entities Affect Clinicians & Patients," focusing on recent work featured in the Practice of Medicine series and broader issues confronting medical professionals.
Presenters will include:
- Erin Fuse Brown, Catherine C. Henson Professor of Law, and Director, Center for Law, Health & Society, Georgia State University College of Law
- Joseph Dov Bruch, Assistant Professor of Public Health Sciences, University of Chicago, on "Workforce Composition in Private Equity-Acquired Versus Non-Private Equity-Acquired Physician Practices" (January 2023)
- Brady Post, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Sciences, Northeastern University, on "Hospital-Physician Integration is Associated with Greater Use of Cardiac Catheterization and Angioplasty" (May 2023)
- Gary Price, President and CEO, Physicians Foundation
- Christopher Whaley, Associate Professor of Health Services, Policy, and Practice, Brown University School of Public Health, on "Physician Compensation in Physician-Owned and Hospital-Owned Practices" (December 2021)
- Others TBA