December 7, 2023
Bipartisan Policy Center
Thursday, December 7, 2023· 11:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For more than two decades, the United States has grappled with a critical shortage of direct care workers. These individuals are the backbone of our long-term care system, delivering hands-on care to older adults and individuals with disabilities. The COVID-19 pandemic and aging baby boomer population exacerbate this crisis, straining the health care system, hindering access, and contributing to avoidable spending.
- G. William Hoagland | Senior Vice President, BPC
- Kathy Hempstead | Senior Policy Adviser, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Theresa Brown | Senior Advisor, Immigration, BPC
- Henry Claypool | Policy Director, Community Living, Brandeis University
- Bill Kennard | Administrator, Healthcare Workforce, Arizona HCCCS
- Dr. Kezia Scales | VP of Research & Evaluation, PHI
- Lisa Harootunian | Associate Director, Health, BPC (Moderator)